10.29.2009

Wild Things' Forts

eric rice wild things fort winner

I'm preparing myself for a winter of indoor activities, and creative forts are at the top of my list after gawking over entries sent in for the Wild Things' Fort Contest:

Where The Wild Things Are is filled with references to building a world out of things from your everyday life and that’s exactly what we want you to do!

We want you to create a fort! Use garbage bags, tree branches, tablecloths, prosthetic limbs, wood, gold, whatever you got!


Click here to see the winners, then scroll down to follow the links to more submissions. There is enough variety and inspiration to keep you and the kiddos busy all winter long!

where the wild things are forts project

dianne que wild things fort winner

add to kirtsy

9 comments:

Susan R. said...

This is such a cool resource, thanks!

se7en said...

Oh Wow!!! A tutus and turtles post we have in common - I love your crisp clean site and ideas... Here is my oldest sons (12) entry to the "Wild Thing Fort" Contest.

http://www.se7en.org.za/2009/10/10/where-the-wild-things-are-forts-just-look-at-this

Jenn said...

Nice, my boys could have used this a few days ago!

www.buddhataxi.blogspot.com

Jenny Kim said...

My name is Jenny Kim and I am the owner of Overall Baby. A new children line that features HANDMADE overalls for infants and toddlers. At Overall Baby, we are re-inventing the look of overalls, from the boring basic denim to fun fabrics and prints! Our shop can be found at Etsy at http://overallbaby.etsy.com/.

I would love it if you could mention our overalls on your blog. I think your readers would love to learn about our products. You are free to use images from our shop, or if you like, I can send you more photos!

Thank you for taking out the time to consider my request. I hope you continued success with your blog!

featherbed said...

these are so fun! I love forts! I used to build them over the furnace vent in the winter when I was little. It was my warm little hideout hehe

giddy teri said...

this looks like so much fun! great photos!

Primary Work at Home said...

Wow Great ideas! I like it. I love the pictures too.

Laura said...

awesome forts! Laura in germany

Anonymous said...

These are awesome, but I just found the coolest ever. They are princess headboards. its at http://princess-bed.com